As an Instructor:
- You will be certified to teach the MHFA Canada Basic course to the public.
- You may deliver the course as an independent operator and/or on behalf of your organization.
- You will be supported by the MHFA Canada team.
- You will have access to course updates and materials.
Instructors also have certain obligations to:
- Understand their provincial legislation to protect personal information and privacy when gathering information on registration forms, evaluations or in any other way.
- Maintain their certification through course delivery and by attending refresher courses.
- Forward attendance sheets, evaluations, orders and payments for materials in a timely manner.
MHFA Canada will hold training sessions throughout the year and upcoming dates are posted in the Find a Course section.
It is understandable that you will have many questions before you embark on becoming an instructor. It is important that the information in the instructor application package is reviewed carefully as it will help you decide if you wish to continue with the application process.